Helpful Resource Links
The purpose of this handbook is to provide information about FOC responsibilities to persons who have family division domestic relations cases. This handbook also outlines the basic responsibilities of parties. Any questions about procedures or requirements outlined in this handbook may be discussed with an employee of your local FOC or with the attorney of your choice.
While required by law, this handbook is not a legal document and is not intended to provide legal advice to you. Nothing in this handbook changes local rules or the laws of the State of Michigan, or the written requirements in your court orders. Similarly, while FOC employees will attempt to explain matters contained in this handbook, they are not allowed to give legal advice and nothing they say will change existing rules or law.
MiChildSupport is a website administered by the Department of Human Services in order to provide you with up-to-date information regarding your case. Our office will have someone available to assist you with either signing up on MiChildSupport or learning to better navigate the MiChildSupport website on a walk-in basis. No appointment is necessary! We look forward to assisting you with this exciting and innovative tool!
If you suspect abuse or neglect, call 855-444-3911 any time. This is a 24 hour line that allows you to report abuse or neglect of any child or adult to the Michigan Department of Human Services.
Up to Parents is designed for divorcing and divorced parents.
To view these statutes, visit the Michigan Legislature:
- Friend of the Court Act- MCL 522.501
- Support & Parenting Time Enforcement Act- MCL 552.601
- Child Custody Act- MCL 722.21
- Paternity Act- MCL 722.711
- Family Support Act- MCL 552.451
- Uniform Interstate Family Support Act- MCL 552.1101
- Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act- MCL 722.1101
- Regarding Travel in Foreign Countries- MCL 722.27A(9)
Publications (brochures and handbooks) from the State Court Administrative Office/ Friend of the Court Bureau
- Resolving Custody Parenting Time and Support Disputes without trial
- An Employer's Guide to Income Withholding
- Child Support and Military Families
- Facts About the Michigan Child Support Formula
- Information About Using Liens to Obtain Past Due Support
- Tax Refund Offset Program
- The Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA)
- Unemployment Resources: How to Modify Your Child Support Amount
- Enforcement of Domestic Relations Orders
- Show Cause Proceedings in Domestic Relations Cases
- What it Means to Represent Yourself in a Domestic Relations Matter