Adult Recovery Court
VAN BUREN COUNTY ADULT & FAMILY RECOVERY COURT
What is a Recovery Court?
A Recovery Court is a collaborative effort between the Criminal Justice system and Community Mental Health that strives to improve the quality of life for the individual, increase public safety, and reduce costs for the community.
Who is eligible for the Recovery Court?
- Participants must be a Van Buren County resident
- Must have pending misdemeanor or felony charges
- Assessed as having a persistent and serious mental illness or developmental disability.
- The defendant may not have a history of violent offenses.
What is the structure of the Recovery Court?
The Van Buren County Recovery Court is a 12-24 month Program that involves intensive mental health and substance use disorder treatment, treatment planning, case management, court review hearings, substance abuse testing, and referrals to ancillary service agencies.
Why participate in Adult Recovery Court?
- Possible reduced jail or no jail
- Possible charge reduction or case dismissal
- Assistance with medication stabilization and treatment for your mental illness and if needed treatment for your substance use disorder.
- Continuous support through group attendance, court appearances and probation reporting.
How do I get started?
Potential participants may be identified by various sources including law enforcement, jail staff, judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys, treatment providers, and family members.
Who should I contact with questions?
Questions may be directed to:
To get started with Recovery Court please complete the appropriate screening form: