Road Construction, Surveying, Traffic Crash Investigation, Traffic Data Collection (Traffic Counts, Crash Data, Speed Studies), Traffic Control Devices & Signing, Materials Testing, Major Projects Inspection (Water, Sewer, Construction) and Road Development are handled through the Road Commission's Engineering Department.
General questions & concerns can be directed to the main office in Lawrence. The hours are 7:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday - Friday
Phone : (269) 674-8011
Questions can also be directed to the individual department heads.
The construction department performs services for the various townships and the Road Commission such as:
- Preparing estimates for all road paving and grade projects.
- Assisting in design and construction for all major projects.
- Managing public contact and serves as a liaison for all projects.
Joel Hoort, Engineering Technician, email@example.com performs services such as:
- The issuing of permits for working in the right-of-way, driveways & the moving of overwidth & overweight equipment.
- Overseeing the Van Buren County road certification process.
- Assisting in the subdivision and plat certification process.
- Materials quality assurance testing.
- Traffic control devices.
- Construction inspecting for county bridge projects.
Barry Anttila - Highway Engineer, firstname.lastname@example.org performs functions at the Road Commission such as:
- Oversees all State and Federal Aid projects.
- Is in charge of roadway design for the Road Commission.
- Manages the Development Review Process.