Please follow the instructions set forth in the Permit Application. If there are any questions or concerns, you may contact our office at (269) 674-8011.
When is a driveway permit needed?
- If you are installing a new driveway
- If you are paving or installing concrete on an existing driveway
- If you are removing asphalt or concrete
- If you are widening your driveway
- If you are installing a low use (agricultural or utility) driveway
- For a temporary driveway
- If you are applying for a building permit
- If the use of the land served by the driveway is changed or expanded
When is a driveway permit not needed?
- If you are adding a layer of gravel to an existing gravel driveway
- If you are seal coating an existing asphalt driveway (contractor performing seal coating operations in the county's right-of-way are required to have permit and insurance on file at the VBCRC)
- General maintenance not involving resurfacing of existing driveway
For a Residential Driveway Permit and Rules, click on the link below:
For a Commercial Driveway Permit and Rules, click on the link below. This is also the application used for an agricultural or utility driveway ($25.00 fee for agricultural or utility driveway).
For a Temporary Construction Driveway and Rules, click on the link below:
DRIVEWAY CULVERT PRICE SCHEDULE
The Board of County Road Commissioners of Van Buren County has adopted a price schedule for furnished and installed driveway culverts, culverts delivered to site, and culverts picked up and loaded at the Van Buren County Road Commission. Please click on the link below for the current Driveway Culvert Price Schedule: