Death records occurring in Van Buren County are available from the County Clerk’s Office beginning with the year 1867.
To request a copy of a death certificate in person, simply provide the following:
· Name of deceased individual at the time of death
· Approximate date of death (within 5 years)
Mail requests for a death certificate must include the following:
· Name of deceased individual at time of death
· Approximate date of death
· Appropriate fee (check or money order)
Fees for Death certificates are:
· $13.00 for first certified copy
· $ 4.00 for each additional certified copy
· Checks or money orders should be made payable to Van Buren County Clerk
Credit care payments can be made online at GOVPAYNOW.COM using pay location code 5247
The Van Buren County Clerk accepts cash, checks, credit or debit cards and money orders.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH THROUGH THE MAIL.
Death Certificate Request Form