Building Authority - Current Active Project
Jail Addition & Renovation Project
The Building Authority issued a new bonds in the amount of $5,150,000, with Van Buren County funding a additional amount, to construct an addition and make renovations to the County Jail in downtown Paw Paw. Construction commenced in March of 2017. The General Contractor is Miller-Davis Company of Kalamazoo. Features of the project include:
- A new booking and holding area to comply with current best practices for correctional facilities.
- Expansion and reconfiguration of inmate cells to allow decommissioning of outdated inmate area in the adjacent old jail.
- Updated security system.
- New and replacement roof for the entire jail building.
- Major lighting and electrical upgrades.
- Other modifications to improve staff utilization and efficiency.
Project construction and occupation are complete; only closeout items and management of outstanding debt balance of $4,740,000 remain. The bonds will be fully paid on October 1, 2036.
The bond issue status is as follows:
|Bonds Issued 4/17/2017||$5,150,000||$5, 150,000|
|Bond Principal Paid 10/1/2017||
|Bond Principal Paid 10/1/2018||-205,000||4,740.000|