Van Buren County Courts
Left to Right: Judge Arthur Clarke, Judge Jeffrey Dufon, Judge Kathleen Brickley, Judge Michael McKay, Judge David DiStefano
We will lead and serve together with integrity, vision, and innovative thought.
The mission of the Van Buren County Courts is to deliver the highest measure of justice by subscribing to these core values:
- Provide equal justice for all through impartial application of law and procedure.
- Treat all court users with civility, honor, dignity, and respect.
- Inspire public confidence in the judiciary.
- Partner with judicial stakeholders to enhance public safety and build a better community.
- Ensure that our court is accessible for all users.
- Preserve the independence of the court as an institution and separate branch of government.
- Improve the quality of justice by using technology, innovation, and progressive approaches.
- Maintain transparency and accountability in the use of public resources.
- Build a unified court through teamwork and staff development.
- Consistently measure our performance and customer satisfaction to improve public service.