Birth records for births occurring in Van Buren County are available from the County Clerk’s office beginning with the year 1867. Birth Certificates are confidential records and available only to the person or parents of the person named on that record. Additional documentation will be required of applicants stating they are an heir, legal guardian or legal representative of the person named on the record. This office requires a current valid driver’s license or state issued ID as identification for birth certificate requests.
If the request is made by mail, print the order form below or submit a letter which includes the following:
· Full name of person
· Birth date of person
· Parents full birth names
· Photocopy of the driver’s license of the requesting party with correct mailing address
· Signature of person requesting the record
Fees for Birth certificates are:
· $13.00 for first certified copy
· $ 4.00 for each additional certified copy
· Checks or money orders should be made payable to Van Buren County Clerk
If the request lacks any of the required information, it will be returned to you for completion.
Birth Certificate Request From